Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Be Happy!

I have been under a huge amount of stress lately and just not feeling well. Many that know me in real life know that my grandmother suffers from alzheimer's. It is just a horrible disease, there are no other words for it. For the last month or so I have been having to call her every couple of hours to help calm her down and get her to eat something. She gets very nasty when she does not eat ----well I think that we all do sick or not! Anyways, I heard some news this week that my grandfather will be going in for some testing. He may have some health issues of his own, lung or possible brain cancer. Well it is no wonder both of them are in their upper 80's. They have lived a long, great, full life. It is sometimes hard to deal with being so far away from home and not being able to help more. I mean these are the people that raised my they are biologically my grandparents but are really my parents!

I listen to other people complain about the everyday things. How to get everything done. That their kids did not get the part in a play that they wanted but another part. Just sort of rambling or getting fixated on one specific thing. Then as I was driving yesterday afternoon, and crying. I got a moment alone in the car, when I could let everything hit me. I had a revelation "JUST BE HAPPY!" "JUST BE HAPPY TO BE ALIVE!" BE HAPPY TO HAVE YOUR FAMILY!"

So that is my new outlook. I am going to try to not fixate on the little details and just go with the flow of things. Trust in God to work things out.....and
JUST BE HAPPY!


2 comments:

Heather said...

You're awesome! We all could use that outlook. I know I am guilty of being a grumpy pants. I too need to change my outlook. Sometimes we just need a sharp reality check. Praying for your family.

Aimee said...

I'm sorry to hear your grandfather now has health issues too. My grandfather had alzheimer's so I can empathize with what you are going through. I like your attitude though. Let me know if you ever need anything.