Monday, September 21, 2009

Bear's Motivation

They say find what motivates your kids and use it to your advantage. The kids can not do x until they complete Y... can you tell that I am up to here is Algebra this year! It was so easy to find what motivated the Princess, dance and time with her friends! The Bear on the other hand has had me puzzled for awhile now. Her motivators seem to change like the seasons! If I tell her we can not go to the park or another outing, she is like ok. I'll just stay home. She loves being at home and could easily just be here all the time! LOL!

Well today, I think that I figured it out TV, movies, and music! She is such a visual/ auditory learner. Today while we were working on some things about Frogs. I started to tell her about the life cycle...well instead she told me all about it. You know what she was right. I asked her how she knew all this? Bear's response well on "Curious George" they went to the pound and George caught tadpoles. Then she proceeded to tell me all about the brightly colored frogs in the forests that are poisonous and she apparently learned that from some "Planet Earth" video. So I am trying to figure out why am I teaching? Would it wrong of me to schedule her day around the PBS guide?

1 comment:

Aimee said...

You gotta love PBS!! Claire learns so much from there. Nathan always did too.