Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fun Ride

I feel that I am in for a very fun ride this year with school! The Princess, is being left 100% on her own schedule for this year. We have set times that we are to get together and discuss her subjects. Each meeting time has a specific topic that we are going to talk about. She is required to come to me with all previous work done and prepared to discuss/ debate what she has learned etc.

So today's, topic was for Religion. We were discussing the authority of the church, the church government etc. It was all going great until we got onto the topic of the Pope and his role. We were talking about the infallibility of the Pope,what he is expected to do and the role he plays in our faith. Great, we were doing good! I was explaining how the Pope also has to uphold a certain image. The Princess was like "ya I understand, I mean He can not be all like a hottie and suff"

Excuse me did I hear right did the Princess just say that! Why yes, she did! I had to laugh and the tween talking--she just reduced the Pope to the boy next door. Red -checked she realized and said no that is not what I mean. I knew what she meant, but had to give her a hard time. The discussion continued and she had a deeper understanding of what she meant and a great grasp of it and just put it into words that she can relate too. She was meaning that the Pope had to be better than the average person, that he has to uphold certain standards. That he can not just walk around like most men and boys on the street. So in the words of the Princess, the Pope can not be a "hottie".



2 comments:

Heather said...

That cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...that's too bad! I can think of some "hotties" I would like to see as pope one day...:-)
Funny story!